How to Become a Christian
- Scripture tells us the truth about who God is, who men and women are in relationship to God, and why we all need Jesus Christ.
- God created everything, including mankind (Gen. 1:1). He is good and holy and worthy of praise (1 John 1:5; Rev. 4:11).
- God gifted man with the pleasure of knowing Him and spreading His glory across the earth (Gen. 1:27–28). All men, however, fail to properly reflect God’s glory, are guilty of what the Bible calls “sin”, and are thus subject to God’s wrath (Isa. 64:6; Rom. 3:23; 6:23).
- Jesus Christ, fully God and fully man, lived a sinless life and perfectly represents God’s glory (Heb. 1:3; 4:15). He died on a cross to bear God’s wrath on behalf of all who would believe in Him (1 Tim. 2:5; Rom. 5:9). He rose from the dead in victory over sin so that His people may be made right with God and inherit eternal life (1 Cor. 15:20–22; Rom. 5:8).
- In order to become a Christian, you must respond to what Christ has done. You must confess that Jesus is truly your Lord, believe that He rose from the dead, and pledge your life to Him (Mark 1:15; Acts 20:21; Rom. 10:9–10).
- If you are prepared to follow Christ with your life, you can pray to Him now and ask that He might save you. Though your life with Christ is certainly personal, it is not one you are meant to live alone.
- You need to let someone know about your decision. We would love to help guide you through your new life in Christ. Please contact the church at (334) 272-0604 or email email@example.com