Please check our music calendar for current dates and times.
The Children’s Choir ministry at Eastern Hills Baptist Church is committed to the musical and spiritual growth of each child. Children’s choirs are grouped by age and grade beginning with 3 year olds through 6th grade. Each week we strive to:
- Teach children basic concepts about God and His love found through His Son, Jesus Christ.
- Lead children to develop an awareness of their own musical talents through listening, singing, creating, reading and playing instruments.
- To create, in children, a desire to know musical concepts of form, rhythm, harmony, melody, and expression.
- To teach Biblical truths through music
- And last but not least, to create an appreciation for the role of music in worship and in the church.
Note: Children’s choirs meet mid-August through mid-May on Wednesday evenings from 5:45 through 6:25 p.m.
Learn more about our Children’s Ministry.
Register for Children’s Choir and Missions
Talent may be realized as early as children’s choir but it is in youth choir that this talent is expounded and developed for the glory of the Lord.
Fine arts “break out” groups provide our youth two main opportunities to showcase their gifts for the glory of the Lord: “Hanging of the Green” in December and Youth Choir Tour each summer. Contact email@example.com to learn what is offered this semester. Learn more about our Youth Ministry.
Adult Music Groups
- The Sanctuary Choir is the main worship choir for the 10:15 a.m. worship services and numbers between 70 and 90 voices. In addition to Sunday Worship, the Sanctuary choir will present various music and drama presentations throughout the year and especially at Easter and Christmas. Rehearsals for this choir are on Wednesday nights at 6:15 p.m. in the Choir Suite
- The EHBC sanctuary band is always looking for new instrumentalists. If you would like to give of your time and talent to this ministry, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Adult Choir: The Celebration Singers choir is for the young at heart. The choir meets on the second and fourth Thursdays, August through May at 9:30 AM. This choir sings once a month on the last Sunday of the month during the Worship Service. They also participate in other special events as scheduled. If you are a senior adult you are invited to participate in our Senior Adult Choir.
Message From Keith Pate
"Sing to the Lord, praise His name, and proclaim His salvation day after day."
“Sing to the Lord a new song” are the beginning words of Psalm 96. It is the vision of the music ministry of Eastern Hills to use the medium of music to train and equip believers to lead in worship, to proclaim the “Good News” of Jesus Christ through song, and to encourage all to use their God given musical talents to serve our Lord. With this belief in mind we offer a wide variety of music for all ages. The music staff at Eastern Hills is eager to assist you and we encourage you to call the church office if you are interested in participating or you have any questions. Please call: 334-272-0604.
Minister of Music